WHET Executive Board Meeting
March 26, 2014
Middle Tennessee State University, Foundations House
Board Members present: Jewell Winn, Ramona Whitworth, Patricia Burks-Jelks, La Kiesha Armstrong, Connie Huddleston, Dalila Duarte, Henrietta Kellum-Lusk, Cassandra Anderson; Board conference call participants- Cissy Holt, Lisa Borre, Nancy Ramsey, Lorie Groves-Whites, Regina Henry
- Call to Order at 11:15 a.m. by Dr. Jewell Winn
- Minutes & Treasurer’s Report by La Kiesha Armstrong
- Motion to accept board meeting 2-25-14 minutes as read
- Motion to accept March 2014 Treasurer’s report as read
- ACE Network by Dr. Jewell Winn for Shanna Jackson
- Conference attended by Dr. Shanna Jackson, ACE liaison and President Winn
- ACE summary report provided by Dr. Jackson. Report emailed to board by Dr. Winn
- Recommendation from C. Huddleston to include Institution Presidents to represent community colleges, technical institutes and four-year institutions with establishing a WHET task force on ACE initiatives.
- Report has five goals. ACE liaison will send PowerPoint with additional information to board
- Committee reports:
- Website by Dalila Duarte
- Photos to be added this week
- Post pictures and highlight information about past events and current events
- Membership log in and enhanced options. Currently site allows members only access for 150 to 350 sign in page at not cost.
- Recommendation to archive minutes, Treasurer’s report and webinars, Oct-Sept (twelve month cycle) on the members only website.
- Charge to develop a standard operating procedure manual
- Membership by Patricia Burks-Jelks
- WHET Membership fees currently effective October 1, 2013 through September 30, 2104
- Establish separate deadlines for 2015 membership fees and 2014 annual conference registration fees. No option to pay membership on annual conference form. Keep forms separate.
- Spotlight member one per month- committee will establish the first acknowledgment by April meeting.
- La Kiesha to send list of institutional members to Patricia and Lisa.
- Lisa to send a list of WHET members to Patricia and La Kiesha.
- Budget by La Kiesha Armstrong
- Board reviewed proposed budget each income and expenses description and amount. Adjustments noted for each line item.
- Motion to accept a balance budget $20,250
- Treasurer report and revised budget attached with March minutes
Note: Dr. Winn- Request to extend March board meeting by 30 minutes
- Graduate Students and Communications by Dalila Duarte
- Continue to work with Membership committee as events are planned
- Professional Development by Connie Huddleston
- Additional webinar and annual conference details to discuss with committee
- East rep- Nancy Ramsey
- Scheduled event- April 4 at 9:00 a.m. at Pellissippi State in Knoxville, TN; $250 for speaker; 30 participants confirmed; no charge to member/nonmember participants
- West rep- Cassandra Anderson
- Proposed event- September 2nd, 3rd or 4th Friday at Jackson State Community College in Jackson, TN
- Middle rep- Cissy Holt
- Proposed event- May 28th, 29th (preference) or 30th at Columbia State Community College (Franklin campus)
- Scholarships/Awards by Regina Henry
- Discussion during April board meeting.
- Annual Conference by Connie Huddleston
- Annual conference committee meetings- agenda for April board meeting; location- TBA
- Establish planning committees for annual conference; request member involvement with planning.
- Proposed dates for annual conference- October 9th-10th, 2nd-3rd or 16th-17th (in order of preference). Reception/network on Thursday night.
- Old business
- Approve Budget
- Treasurer to resubmit budget to board with balance income and expenses with special notes.
- WHET Day on the Hill held on March 6, 2014- Lisa Borre
- WHET logo has been added to Drive to 55 campaign website.
- Board to read/research Governor’s initiative. Requesting professional option and add to April meeting agenda.
- Board to vote during April meeting- proposal to officially partner with the Drive to 55 campaign.
- Middle TN Regional Conference held on March 7, 2014- Lisa Borre
48 attendees representing 11 institutions
11 attendees joined as new WHET members and paid membership fee
Mentor/Mentee 18 requests- Requests for new committee to implement WHET mentoring program.
Will email conference participants survey for feedback
- Board Liability Insurance by Henrietta Kellum- Lusk
- 2014 WHET budget allotted for $200 annual premium.
- Dr. Kellum will review agent quotes and budget line as a basis and submit proposals to board.
- New Business
RODP Webinar by Connie Huddleston
- Proposed Webinar- May 14th or 15th and meeting location is TBA at 11:00 a.m.; Jennifer Thompson, TBR representative; no cost anticipated with webinar.
April 30th board meeting at 11:00 am to 1:00 pm in Murfreesboro (TBA)
Meeting adjourned by President Winn at 1:27 p.m.