WHET Institutional Representative Meeting
Columbia State Community College
May 29, 2014
Board members present: Jewell Winn, Shanna Jackson, Henrietta Kellum-Lusk, Cissy Holt, La Kiesha Armstrong, Cassandra Anderson
Representatives present: Jonell Kinsey, Roxane Evans, Ginger Kuechle, Catherine Middlebrooks, Deanna Stacey, Cynthia Cyrus, Connie Sink, Libby O’Guinn, Arlene Nicholas-Phillips
Dial-in representatives-Denise King, Miranda Miller
- Call to Order at 11:05 a.m. by Dr. Jewell Winn
- Introduction of Executive Board
- Introduction of Institutional Representatives
- Membership update
- Overview of Goals- Jewell Winn
1) Handout with 2013-2014 goals published on WHET website
2) Representatives will share and review strategic goals with other institutional representatives and members
3) New website- paid members create login on the website
4) Capital Day on the Hill- Legislator’s charge to WHET
Request for participation and prepare 2015 agenda for WHET Day on the Hill.
5) Request for submissions to highlight WHET members spotlight on newsletter
- Regional updates
1) Middle TN Regional Conference- Cissy Holt provided details regarding conference held at Volunteer State Community College
2) 87 WHET Institutional representatives; 85 members are employed with nonprofit institutional
3) Regional breakout sessions and develop an event calendar Cissy Holt
4) West TN Regional Conference- Cassandra Anderson
Planning recruiting session to be announced
- National update- Shanna Jackson
American Council on Education- WHET is a state affiliate of ACE
Wendy Thompson is state liaison for National ACE
National Agenda- “Moving the Needle”- four initiatives will be announced to WHET membership soon. Membership to create a national template.
Applications with deadlines posted on WHET website for members.
Pat Pierce Award-applications due August 31, 2014
June Anderson Award- applications due September 12, 2014
Women of Achievement Award- applications due September 12, 2014
Hal Ramer- application due August 31, 2014
- Conference update
1) Annual Conference- October 10, 2014 at Middle Tennessee State University
2) Request for sign up for established committees
3) Request for vendor participants
4) Call for proposals- submission accepted online
5) Host hotel- Holiday Inn Express
6) Thursday evening reception- October 9, 2014, time is TBA
Question- West TN Regional meeting to be scheduled in September 2014.
Meeting adjourned by President Winn at 12:00 p.m.