WHET Executive Board Meeting Minutes
April 30, 2014
Board Members present: Jewell Winn, Shanna Jackson, Connie Huddleston, Lisa Borre, Henrietta Kellum-Lusk, Ramona Whitworth
I.Call to Order at 11:12 a.m. by Dr. Jewell Winn
II.Moment of Silence for victims in the recent tornados on April 29th.
III.Minutes & Treasurer’s Report – due to not having a quorum, the March 26, 2014 Minutes and Treasurer’s report was not voted upon.
IV.ACE Network – Shanna Jackson
There has been no activity since the last review of the ACE Conference report
1) East Regional Conference
Held at Pellissippi State on April 4, 2014, Dr. Winn gave a positive review of the
2) Middle Regional Conference and Webinar Information
Dr. Jackson recommended that we use the Volunteer State Regional
Conference, which was held on March 7, 2014, to suffice as the Middle Regional
Conference proposed for May 29th because the date is conflicting with the beginning
of Summer registration. However, we will have the webinar, which was
scheduled for May 14th or 15th, on May 29th at the Williamson County Campus.
Jennifer Thompson, our webinar host, has confirmed that this date is better for her.
Dalila conducted training on how to update the website with Ramona. The “Members Only” section is being updated. Members will be able to create a log-in and have access to the minutes, financial reports, and other info from the board.
Conference Save-the-date information will need to be added to the website. Ramona will contact Regina for the Member’s Spotlight page. Peggy Carpenter will be spotlighted. A photo gallery needs to be added to the website.
4) Institutional Representatives
It was suggested that we get a list of our institutional representatives and invite them to the Williamson County Campus for a meeting before the webinar. We will have a separate agenda to get them engaged in WHET activities.
1) Affiliate Organizations-
The Economic Summit requested a donation from WHET, which starts at
$500. Our overall donation limit to sister organizations is $500. Therefore, we
need to vote rather or not we want to donate to the Summit.
2) Webinar-The final webinar is May 29, 2014, as indicated above.
1) Date-October 9-10, 2014 at Middle Tennessee State University
Thursday, October 9th will be the reception.
Friday, October 10th is the conference
2) Hotel-Connie is working with the personnel at the Holiday Inn Express as the host hotel. She will be requesting no more than 25 rooms.
3) Vendors-We will have vendors at the conference. They will be charged at least
$100 for set-up. A portion of the proceeds may be given to MTSU.
4) Sponsors-We need to determine reasonable fees for outside sponsors.
5) Theme: “Moving the Needle”
6) Conference Committees – Responsibilities
a. Conference Committee – Board Members, Henrietta – Chair
b. Scholarship Awards/Gift Responsibilities – Lori and Shanna
c. Registration/Name Tags/Attendee Bags- LaKiesha and Cassandra
d. Logistics – Connie
e. Speakers – Lisa Borre
f. Sponsorship/Vendors – Ramona, Jewell
7) Call for Proposal due Date-August 15, 2014
8) Institutional Reps– will be table hosts and interact with people at the conference.
1) By- Laws-need to be updated. Shanna will make a formal motion to freeze the board for one additional year.
2) Future positions on the Executive Board – we need to think about how to position future board members based on their current job positions.
Next Board Meeting: May 29th following the Webinar at the Williamson Campus
Meeting adjourned by President Winn at 1:35 p.m.